Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Technician's Perspective on Service

There's a lot of customers out there who have had bad service...and paid for it. Sometimes it didn't even fix their problem...and they paid for it. And it's tough for technicians, like myself, who want nothing more than to offer you impeccable service at a good price. But the past experiences may leave you to stereotype service technicians as someone who comes in, flips a switch, and charges you several hundred dollars or more.

MARS is doing it's best to dispel those stereotypes and memories of bad service. Our service technicians go to Quarterly training. We have an Office, a Parts Store, and a website with an email contact, so you can ALWAYS contact us 24/7. We do our best to stock our vans with inventory that we anticipate you may need. We are a Better Business Bureau member, and have been for quite some time with an A+ rating and zero complaints.

MARS works on just about every brand of appliance. Can you imagine how difficult it is to know about every brand? And I can see the customers saying, "Well, that's what you do." Yes it is. But, some companies wont work on LG, Samsung, Bosch.....but, we do. It would be like taking a Lamborghini to your local Auto Service station. There are certain limitations regarding what types of Services each company offers. We try to service all appliances of all brands.

MARS warranties all repairs. I had a customer ask me yesterday, "What if this doesn't work next week?" We offer a 90 day Labor and a 1 year Parts Warranty. All you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call. We'll make a return appointment at no charge to you. That's part of our service. Before we repair your appliance, we quote you a price for repair. When we repair your appliance, we only use New Manufacturer Authorized parts. After the repair, we answer any and all questions you may have and leave you our contact information in the event you need us in the future.

This is what we offer. This is what you pay for. This is Service Beyond.

2 comments:

michelled said...

Hi, there. I just stumbled across your blog during my research on washing machines. I'm up in MA and was wondering if you could give me advice. I have a Frigidaire Gallery front-loader washer which is no longer under warranty. My dark clothes have oil looking stains all over them and some of my towels get black marks on them. I have discussed this with repairmen who have come to the house for other repairs and they all seem to say it's fabric softener or too much detergent or that I should use the Affresh...which I do. I don't use fabric softener (or dryer sheets), I'm using minimal soap and use the Affresh. No help. There is discussion on this issue on the internet. Some say it is a bad seal on the bearings. The machine is not making any horrible noises when it runs. It appears to run fine. I don't know how to go about this with a repairman. I'm trying to figure out whether I should just buy a new washer or try to see if someone can look at it. I'm just tired of my clothing getting ruined. Help!! I need to figure out what to do! I have 4 kids and do lots of laundry!

LilMilyunr said...

Hey there Michelle. It's always tough to remotely diagnose an appliance. We have several calls a day to our parts store looking for a quick answer or diagnosis over the phone. And it's not like we DON'T want to help, but it's just tough to diagnose an appliance when we're not there to check it out.

But...

I would say those stains are coming from the bearing grease. The seal does goes go bad in some washers and bearing grease oozes out and mixes into the wash, staining your clothes. This is a terminal matter, in my opinion. It would be best to buy a new one.

But...

Are you sure they come out of the washer that way? Or do you notice the stains after drying them? I'm assuming you have a matching set. Frigidaire dryers are prone to leave rust colored streaks on clothes, and can sometimes look like oil or grease stains. Which, in this case, you'd just need a top and bottom felt seal around the dryer door. Not too expensive.

I hope this has helped. Feel free to chime in on our blog anytime. Thanks michelled.